Statutory requirements for Single Voyage for Panamanian flagged vessels
PMDS issued the Technical Circular PMDS TC-10-23 for the Statutory Requirements for Single Voyage for Panamanian Flagged vessels.
The purpose of this Technical Circular is to provide guidelines to all interested parties, of the Statutory requirements for Single Voyages, regardless of their navigation area.
Based on the scope of the single voyage that can be with or without their own means, for delivery purposes, for dry-dock or for any repair between ports, requirements may vary.
The minimum requirements will be as follow:
- A seaworthiness inspection should be carried out to verify that the integrity of the vessel is still maintains.
- An UWS witnessed by an approved RO surveyor is required if the last bottom inspection was carried out with more than 36 months or in special cases if required by PMDS Class. This requirement should be sent along with the accreditations of the diving company, or an acceptance of service supplier from our RO.
- An official request letter from shipowners/ operators.
- Booking confirmation letter of the Dry-dock in case the single voyage is required for this purpose.
- A delivery attestation of shipowners/operators in case the single voyage is required for this purpose.
- Minimum Safe Manning for single voyage.
- Certificate of Insurance for the Removal or Wrecks (WRC) for ships of 300 gross tonnage and above.
- Certificate of Insurance of Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage (BCC) for ships of 1000 gross tonnage and above.
- MLC Financial Securities as applicable.
- Interim International Ship Security Certificate (ISSC) for ships of 500 gross tonnage and above.
- Interim Safety Management System (SMC) for ships of 500 gross tonnage and above.
- A Valid Document of Compliance (DOC) issued under Panama flag, in cases of ships that are not normally engaged in international voyages but in exceptional circumstances requires to undertake a single international voyage, the administration may accept a valid Document of Compliance (DOC) issued by other Administration for the intended single voyage for ships of 500 gross tonnage and above.
- Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR) for ships of 500 gross tonnage and above.
- For towing single voyage cases, the Guidelines for safe ocean towing (MSC/Circ.884) should be observed including at least:
- Manning of towing vessels and towed objects
- Design environmental conditions
- Weather forecast
- Towing vessel requirements
- Towing equipment
- Towed object
- In an emergency
Towing plan should be approved by our RO.
- SOC-DCS CII (at the end of the voyage the data shall be sent to PMDS Class for verification and document requested right after the special registration expires).
Refer to the Panama Circular MMC-399.