The 5th amendments to IMSBC Code including new cargos were adopted. IMSBC Code 5th amendment entered into force on or after 1 January 2021 and is mandatory for all ships that load solid bulk cargoes.
Please note that there are cargoes newly added in IMSBC Code (5th amendment) that were not in IMSBC Code (4th amendment). The amendments introduce new individual cargo schedules with specific carriage requirements for the following Group B cargoes (cargoes that possess a chemical hazard which could give rise to a dangerous situation on a ship):
- Flue Dust, containing Lead and Zinc.
- Matte containing Copper and Lead.
- Metal Sulphide concentrates, self-heating UN 3190.
- Seed Cakes and Other Residues of Processed Oily Vegetables.
- Zinc Oxide-Enriched Flue Dust.
Revision of the exemption certificate for Fixed Gas Fire-Extinguishing system (FFEA) is applicable.
Some cargoes were added to the cargoes that FFEA may be exempted for loading them, according to IMSBC Code (5th amendment) and MSC.1/Circ.1395/Rev. 4.
Other amendments to the IMSBC Code include:
- The ‘Characteristics’ table, which has been replaced for each individual cargo schedule to clarify the Hazard Classification (subsidiary hazard(s) and MHB).
- The existing individual schedule for “Seed Cake (non-hazardous)” is deleted.
- Addition of a Group A cargo schedule for Bauxite Fines and a corresponding test procedure for determining transportable moisture limit (TML) of Bauxite cargoes
- Please, also refer to cargo which need a certificate of fitness for vessel carrying dangerous goods (DG certificate), as follows:
- METAL SULPHIDE CONCENTRATES, SELF-HEATING UN 3190
- SEED CAKES AND OTHER RESIDUES OF PROCESSED OILY VEGETABLES